Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Nightowl Newswrap

by @BGinKC

Way to keep it classy  I'm not sure what's worse, that the NRSC would tweet that Rep. Tammy Duckworth -- who left both of her legs on the battlefield in Iraq -- "Doesn't stand for Veterans" --  or that the craven cowards deleted it.

Karma's a bitch, pt.1  A Florida woman who has been very bold on social media saying things like "my right to protect my child with my gun takes precedence over your fear of it," and posting pictures of herself with her child and her .45.  Well, guess what? Junior got hold of the gun and shot her in the back. Somehow I doubt she managed to learn a damned thing from the experience, or if she did, it was most certainly the wrong thing.

Karma's a bitch, pt.2  A group of West Virginia lawmakers celebrated passing a piece of "protect the right or morons to be morons" legislation celebrated the passage of said legislation by drinking some of the raw milk their bill protected...and they all got sick from a milk-borne pathogens. Of course, in true wingnut fashion, the wingnut who sponsored it blamed the government, saying the capitol is a den of iniquity, plague, pestilence and disease. The only problem with his hypothesis is that the raw-milk drinkers were the only ones who got sick.

This ought to be as much a death-knell for Ted Cruz as it was Hewlett Packard  Carly Fiorina is backing him. Bless her heart, she thinks he's a "constitutional conservative." Poor thing, she just doesn't even suspect that he is not a conservative, constitutional or otherwise. But especially not "constitutional."

But that's just Carly Fiorina, and she always bets on the nag Not one GOP Senator has endorsed Cruz.  That would be because they hate the SOB.

More of this, please One former Minnesota Senator and one sitting one -- Dave Durenberger (R) and Al Franken (D) -- penned a joint op-ed calling on the Senate to do their damn jobs and meet with the President's Supreme Court nominee.

So long as the violent extremist stays dead, I really don't care how many bullets took him down.  The FBI and the Oregon State Police have issued the final report on the shooting death of Lavoy Finicum and it reveals that two previously unreported shots were fired at the domestic terrorist when he was pulled over on a rural stretch of Oregon highway. Whatever. I don't care. As far as I'm concerned the FBI needs to treat white, Christian terrorists like they would Muslim extremists. Goose, gander, all that...their goals are the same: theocracy and the subjugation of women. You know what they say..."A rose by any other name..."

Laughing my ass off over here at Ammon Bundy, who is whining that jail was the hardest thing he's ever had to do. You know why I'm a free woman and able to point at him and laugh? I don't break the law, and I sure as hell don't rally up a band of morons and try to overthrow the government. It's really easy. Basically, I do nothing more strenuous than a new yoga pose; yet my liberty is just fine, my rights are still intact, I haven't been asked to quarter soldiers, although I do have extra room, and I can now take my guns (yes, I have guns) into national parks -- a right Obama gave me. I'm pretty damned vigilant about my personal liberties, and I can't think of one I've lost, but then I never espoused white supremacists, because I realized at a very young age that the idiots who did espouse such idiocy weren't superior to anyone.

I know why you're really here...and I won't let you down...so without further ado, let me announce the return of Midnight Music:

No comments: