Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I wonder what precipitated this?

After years of blowing off requests by Henry Waxman to appear before the Oversight Committee, which he has chaired since the 110th congress was seated in January, Condi has finally acquiesced.

I noticed this morning when I checked the committee schedule that the following entry had been quietly added:

Upcoming Hearings and Meetings

Hearing with Secretary Rice on Iraq

Thursday, October 25, 2007, 10:00 AM at 2154 Rayburn House Office Building
I've been on pins and needles, awaiting this with bated breath.

But why the sudden change of heart after all this time? Rice's MO has been blatant contempt for Oversight, refusing to acknowledge that Representative Waxman's committee even has the right to question her.

I wonder if Henry let her now on the sly that he tired of her shenanigans, and if she didn't climb down off her high-horse, she would find herself hauled in front of the committee by the Sergeant of Arms? I can't imagine she had a Constantine-type conversion on a bridge.

No comments: