Sunday, April 13, 2008

More Dental Drama

Remember last summer when I broke a tooth?

Yeah, well, another one is giving me grief.

We went to eat brunch at our favorite dive diner, and I was crunching the ice from my glass of tea as I waited for the to-go order we were bringing home to our daughter, who didn't get home from work until 4:30 this morning.

I crunched, and felt a sharp, pinching pain in my gum. I probed it with my tongue, and felt a piece of tooth fall away. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, and right there on the bottom left is a huge gaping hole, around a silver mercury filling that is hanging tough 35 years after a Navy dentist filled that sucker, and mocking the tooth that bailed around it.

So tomorrow, I get to go through the ER and have emergency dental work done.

For the next couple of days, look for the nightly roundup, and maybe a post or two a day from me, and hopefully I'll be back to full-force blogging by mid week...

No comments: