Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday Morning Quick Hits


Steve Benen sure knows how to craft a sentence
Writing about McCain's doddering and deranged revisionist version of the Iraq timeline in an interview with Katie Couric, Benen wrote the quintessential sentence: It’s simply breathtaking. When it comes to his signature issue, McCain is little more than a fool. He’s spouting obvious and demonstrable nonsense with the kind of confidence that only comes with abject stupidity.


I had the right network but the wrong cartoon
McCain isn't Grampa Simpson as I said in yesterdays quick hits, but Cernig gets it exactly right this morning: McCain is Cotton Hill. (Ah - lightning strikes twice!)




Um, yeah, because this is how the fucking game is played
The noise machine is now indignant that Obama's trip overseas is "staged for political pop." Well, duh! All such junkets are - Obama is just better at it than anyone since Bill Clinton. I would also point out that according to Fair Vote.org up to ten million votes are cast by Americans abroad. Whine away, bitches, but don't expect me to apologize for having a candidate who can play the game. If I was as big an asshole as Tom Friedman I would say "suck on this" but I'm not so I won't.


Whatever.
We are pretty sure that all of the M$M sucks. That is why we exist...because the M$M decided it wanted to be a player instead of an arbiter of news and facts about the players.

No comments: