Friday, April 18, 2008

The ambush interview Bill-O doesn't have the guts to show you

But we do!



Looks like in this instance the ambusher became the ambushee!

If I knew this priests name, I would track down his parish, and I would be sending them a donation for the programs that benefit the children I hear playing in the background. He is this Jewish-agnostic broad's kind of Christian!

(We aren't alone in gleefully and triumphantly posting this - it came to me via the BradBlog, and Brad found it via RatTube. Like them, this priest is my newest hero.)

UPDATE I - Blue Girl- 7:45 p.m.

Okay - hat-tip to Jerry in comments - this is Father Michael Pfleger and he is one fiery lefty priest. He sees something he doesn't like, he does something about it. It is because of him that alcohol and tobacco are no longer advertised on billboards on Chicago's South Side. He is an activist priest in the finest Liberation Theology tradition.

Liberation Theology views Jesus not just as the Redeemer, but as the Liberator of the oppressed as well. My dad was a Catholic, and my husband, and son are Liberation Theology Catholics. I respect Catholics who follow that path. They don't say stuff - they do stuff.

Father Pfleger has been the priest at St. Sabina's Catholic Church in the Auburn Gresham Neighborhood of Chicago since 1981. Here is the church's contact information if you want to send a card or a note and maybe a check for the good works they obviously do. I have a few bucks left in the "Share the Love" fund, and his parish is getting a few of 'em.

Faith Community of Saint Sabina ~
Pastor, Rev. Dr. Michael L. Pfleger
1210 West 78th Place
Chicago, IL 60620


Here is Father Pfleger at a candlelight vigil on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina...

No comments: