Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday Night Music Club & Delegate Watch open thread

Roy Orbison & Jeff Lynne - Heartbreak Radio



Rock on.

I'm following election returns at MSNBC, and will update periodically. Polls just closed but they were calling the Republican race for McCain before a single vote was counted.

UPDATE I 8:50 p.m.

With 14% of precincts reporting, Obama leads 56% to 43%, and MSNBC is calling it for him. I dunno - Super Tuesday and the Missouri fiasco is still fresh in my memory, so it just seems silly to call it with 85% of the vote uncounted...But that's just me...

UPDATE II - 10:45 p.m.

Two hours and a bubble bath later, and the percentages didn't change and Clinton's campaign is in trouble. It looks like Obama is likely to be our nominee. He absolutely crushed Hillary tonight in Wisconsin.

But once again, the story is in the overwhelming numbers of Democrats voting. Again, Hillary came in a lagging second, and still ran circles around the entire republican slate. As of this update, Hillary is closing in on 400,000 votes, while all the republicans together are struggling toward 350,000.

I'm going to wait until after March 5th, but if it goes the way it looks like it will, I will consider it time to get behind the presumptive nominee and get busy getting him elected and exposing McCain's many faults.

No comments: