Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rudy! Campaign Official Proposes a "Final Solution" for Muslims

And fruit flies, well, I never met a fruit fly that I was ashamed to share genes with,
and I certainly can’t say that about human beings.' - geneticist James Gorman


[UPDATED BELOW - Deady has resigned]

Case in point (Via Greg Sargent):
John Deady, the co-chair of New Hampshire Veterans for Rudy, is standing by the comments he made in the controversial interview with The Guardian we posted on below, in which he said that "the Muslims" need to be chased "back to their caves."

In an interview with me, Deady confirmed that when he made the comments, he was referring to all Muslims. (emphasis mine)

"I don't subscribe to the principle that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims," Deady told me by phone from his home in New Hampshire. "They're all Muslims." (emphasis mine)

So what he is saying is that there is no difference between Osama bin Laden and my naturalized-American citizen health care co-workers Nazifa, Rema and Fatima. To such an assertion, I can only say "what a dangerous idiot."
Asked if he stood by his comments in the earlier Guardian interview, Deady said:

"I most assuredly do. I've been very concerned about this Muslim thing for quite awhile. The average American does not know beans about what the Muslims are about. I am talking about the Muslims in general. I don't subscribe to the principle that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims. They're all Muslims."

In the earlier interview with The Guardian, Deady said of Muslims: "We need to keep the feet to the fire and keep pressing these people until we defeat or chase them back to their caves or in other words get rid of them."

When I asked Deady to elaborate on his suggestion that we need to "get rid" of Muslims, Deady said:

"When I say get rid of them, I wasn't necessarily referring to genocide. What I was referring to is, stand up to them every time they stick up their heads and attack us. We can't afford to say, `We'll try diplomacy.' They don't respond to it. If you look into Islamic tradition, a treaty is only good for five years. We're not dealing with a rational mindset here. We're dealing with madmen." (emphasis mine)

When I asked Deady if this was also a reference to all Muslims, he said: "I am talking about Muslims in general."

Giuiliani said that if the remarks were true Deady would be dismissed. (I would refer the campaign to video of Deady making the comments on camera that can be seen here) but so far...crickets.

Now - if anyone made a comment like that, but replaced Muslims with Jews the entire country would be up in arms and demanding the man be committed for psychiatric evaluation. But since apparently it's okay to hate Muslims and advocate for their demise, no one seems to care.

Good grief the GOP has gone collectively insane. What started as a pushback against (the utterly stupid) political correctness movement has devolved into a race to the bottom in who can be the most outrageous and hateful abuser of their American free-speech rights.

Deady can say shit like this - but I can also call him a genocidal maniac and a threat to the American way of life. I am embarrassed that this batshit insane, bloodthirsty, barbaric jackass ever wore the uniform of this country. In fact, I hang my head in shame at any association with this subhuman piece of shit at all.

Like us life science types say - I never met a fruitfly I was embarrassed to have a genetic link to - humans, though, are a different story entirely.


UPDATE: Saturday afternoon, MSNBC reported that John Deady has resigned as the New Hampshire co-chair of Veterans for Rudy.
Reached at his Bedford, N.H. home Saturday, Deady would not say whether he was pressured to resign. “This is not going to go any further with me,” he said. “I’m way beyond my depth with you people,” before suggesting reporters contact the campaign’s press office.

State Chairman Wayne Semprini said in a campaign statement Saturday that Deady resigned from his volunteer position.

The comments come at an interesting time for Giuliani, who has been actively courting support from veterans in recent days. He held three events for veterans in earlier this week in Florida before traveling to Iowa Friday.

Mr. Deady would have been well served if, in high school, he had read and taken to heart the wisdom of Finley Peter Dunne's Irish pub owner Mr. Dooley, who, in several books, dispensed wisdoms and hard truth from behind the bar of his southside Chicago tavern. The one that springs immediately to mind in this case is "Politics ain't beanbag: 'tis a man's game, and women, children 'n' pro-hy-bitionists had best stay out of it." (Add outclassed, un-thinking ideologues to that list, Mr. Dooley.)

I could almost feel sorry for the poor old fool if not for the fact that I know this about him: If he had three wishes, one of them would be to extinct a billion people. And I have no empathy for anyone with such evil in their soul. May all of the hate-filled assholes like him publicly expose themselves for the bigoted, jingoistic fascists they are, that we may mock them and drive them back into their caves.

No comments: