Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Catblogging: sharing my birthday present with you edition

Remember how a couple of days ago, I told you that I would post a picture of my birthday present? Sorry it took me so long to get to it up, but Zoe's kitten - she named her Dreidel by the way, rejecting all our suggestions and going her own way - destroyed my fire wire, so at 8:00 p.m. I was on a Max bus down Main to Office Depot to buy a new one so I can get the kitties up before I get emails demanding cats.

Tom totally scores in the unique, treasured gifts department. Last year for Valentines Day, he gave me a copy of the newspaper from the day I was born.

He is a real champ at finding overlooked treasures. He found this gilded plate with the kitty that looks exactly like Charlie in a curio shop. Isn't it absolutely beautiful? And isn't it a perfect likeness of Charlie?

Okay...enough with the self-indulgence...Here are your kitties.

Yesterday was a very blustery and windswept day up here on the top of Signal Hill, especially on the top floor. The kitties walked out on the patio, and within two minutes had doubled in size as they puffed up their fur. They quickly set up a howl to come back inside. The birds and squirrels wold just have to go find a couple of other overfed domestic critters to torment with their lithe agility. On days like this, these kitties know exactly what to do...


Zoe was more interested in stying in her PJ's and snoozing on
Nana's TempurPedic than getting up, and Dreidel agreed.


They pretty much held this pose for the better part of, oh, 12-15 hours.

No comments: