Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six years ago today

Six years ago today, I woke to a phone call. I turned on the TV and I watched in horror. Most of us did.

If you had told me that day that six years later the perpetrator of the attack would be free, but we wouldn't -I would have called you daft. And today I would owe you an apology.

Six years, and though we know the identity of the largest mass murderer in our history, we can not apprehend him.

So why, exactly have they found it necessary to suspend Habeas Corpus and the Fourth Amendment, and infringe on a whole bunch of the others, in order to fight terrorism, when they can't bring in the most wanted and well known criminal on the planet? But they find it necessary to spy on the Quakers.

Can we get some freakin' accountability going here, please?

I've said it before but it bears repeating. Sometimes, I feel like I'm watching four year olds play government. Other times I feel like I am watching drunken monkeys play with loaded handguns.

No comments: