Saturday, August 4, 2007

Stabbed in the back by sixteen sniveling surrender-monkeys

I hang my head in shame. I am so fucking furious with Claire McCaskill right now…At this moment in time, I can not denounce her with enough venom, and I vow I will never support another McCaskill candidacy for anything. That vote was an unforgivable sin. You see, I worked my ass off for her election. My number one gripe (and I had a laundry list) with Jim Talent was his habit of giving Bush carte blanche 97% of the time, especially where my civil liberties were concerned.


Last night, Claire lived down to the expectations I had for Talent when he held Harry Truman’s old Senate seat.


She was joined by fellow spineless cowards Evan Bayh (Indiana); Tom Carper (Delaware); Bob Casey (Pennsylvania); Kent Conrad (North Dakota); Dianne Feinstein (California); Daniel Inouye (Hawai‘i); Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota); Mary Landrieu (Louisiana); Blanche Lincoln (Arkansas); Barbara Mikulski (Maryland); Bill Nelson (Florida); Ben Nelson (Nebraska); Mark Pryor (Arkansas); Ken Salazar (Colorado); and possibly the biggest blow of all…Jim Webb (Virginia). Every last one of these jackals deserves to have this vote hung ‘round their necks like the proverbial Albatross. (Class II, up for reelection in 2008. Find your primary challengers now. Class III, up for reelection in 2010. Class I, up for reelection in 2012.)


I don’t put party over principle. I put principle first. Consistently. So I will be holding accounts open on this vote forever more. Sniveling, spineless, cowardly and pathetic democrats caved because the Toddler-in-Chief stamped his wittle foot and threw a temper tantrum and demanded a new double-naught spy kit for his toy box, or he would spoil their pwans.


C’mon! Didn’t you people raise kids? You don’t give a snot-nosed punk with a flair for the dramatic anything but a time out, unless it's a red ass!


All those miles I walked canvassing, all those hours I phone banked, all those posts I blogged…Hell, I did some of the opposition research that Claire’s campaign should have done, and gave her the information about Talent missing fully 2/3 of meetings of the Senate Armed Services Committee during his tenure on that panel, while America was involved in two shooting wars. I could have not bothered to do any of those things and let the feckless Talent keep his seat and it would not have mattered where my civil liberties are concerned. How utterly disappointing. I frankly can not express the depth of my antipathy for my Democratic Senator right now.


She has failed to back timelines for withdrawal from Iraq, and while she hems and haws, Missourians die - 65 to date, and over half of the Missouri casualties were leadership...NCO's and Officers. And still, no mission. WTF???


Now, she has voted to give this president and this inept and incompetent attorney general unbridled domestic spying powers?


FISA does not need to be amended to give this president and his minions more authority! If anything, these bastards need MORE oversight, not less! The mere notion that he should get his way on this is simply madness!


The Democrats yesterday should have stood up and said “Hell no!” They should have said “Due to the history of abuse by this administration, and the fact that sweeping new powers would be put in the hands of an incompetent and compromised attorney general, because the very Justice department has been politicized, Because FISA court judges have RESIGNED over abuses by this administration, we must take a firm stand and say NO MORE POWER to abuse the civil liberties of American citizens."


But that would have taken courage.


As for me, I will never vote for nor will I support in any way any politician that has betrayed the Constitution with that vote. (h/t Skippy)


Not one more dime, not one moment of my time for spineless Democrats that won’t defend the Constitution.


Claire told me to go to hell last night.


Well, right back atcha, Sister.

No comments: