Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Memory of Sanity

Oh good lord. The pandering is palpable.

And Romney is a sad, pathetic joke; a parody of an empty-suit, say-anything politician.

Over the weekend he schlepped off to pander to the Christian wrong address the graduating class of the now-infamous Regents University. During his speech to the faithful he said the following:

"In France, for instance, I'm told that marriage is now frequently contracted in seven-year terms where either party may move on when their term is up. How shallow and how different from the Europe of the past."

Give me a minute to compose myself - I laughed so hard that a little pee came out...

Okay - I'm better now...I can get through this...

Oh good lord...

This is too funny...

The anecdote Romney offered...

...comes from a really bad sci-fi novel based on...

...drumroll please...

The Book of Mormon!

Here is the intro to the Wiki about the book:

The Memory of Earth (1992) is the first novel of the science fiction Homecoming saga by Orson Scott Card. The Homecoming saga is a fictionalization of the first few hundred years recorded in the Book of Mormon.

Pass me a hanky - I busted up again and the tears of laughter are streamin'!!!.

This guy is a serious contender for the Republican nomination?

SERIOUSLY?

Damn, I'm glad I'm a Democrat!

No comments: