Sunday, March 4, 2007

A good PBS affiliate goes a long way toward making a city livable

I am fortunate to find myself in Kansas City after a lifetime of rambling. One of the greatest assets this city has to offer is our Public TV affiliate, KCPT.

Tonight they showed a KCPT-produced documentary about the border-war between Kansas and Missouri that gripped the region for a decade before Kansas was admitted to the union as a free state, and before the civil war. It was definitely a portent of things to come.

The broadcast garnered such response, a crawler came across the screen that the lines were overloaded, pledge online if possible.

It was fantastic, and if it plays in your market, you should TiVo it.


Scorpio said...

I'm in Kansas City, too -- and have been since 1987, hard as that is for me to believe.

Elmo said...

I love PBS too.