Friday, August 8, 2008

Thanks, John. I really appreciate you being just another politician...

Crossposted from our new home blog,They gave us a republic...



Serves me right, I guess.

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 44-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

Edwards also denied he was the father of Hunter's baby girl, Frances Quinn, although the one-time Democratic Presidential candidate said he has not taken a paternity test.

Edwards said he knew he was not the father based on timing of the baby's birth on February 27, 2008. He said his affair ended too soon for him to have been the father.


I really don't care if he had an affair--I still think Americans need to grow up about this shit. But it makes me much less inclined to defend the next person who is being smeared, I will admit.

Nothing after the jump, and nothing for Edwards after this. I'm thinking it's time to sink into obscurity, there, Senator.









Remember to update your blogrolls and bookmarks with our new domain name, They gave us a republic...

No comments: