Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thank you everyone! I'm going to Austin!


The winners have been announced, and I was one of 'em! For everyone who supported me, I am ever so grateful. This is a great opportunity and I am just overwhelmed!

The Netroots Nation convention will take place from July 17-20 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas. Now I am scraping and scrounging to stretch my reduced income to cover the train ticket and the week I will be unavailable to take shifts when the agency calls - and in the summer months there is no substitute teaching to be done.

In light of the scholarship win, we are adjusting our summer fundraising schedule. Instead of our normal month-of-August fundraiser, we are going to go ahead and appeal for donations now, over the next two weeks...and if the response is like it was in January, we'll call it early and skip August all together - we aren't greedy bastards - we'll quit when we hit our goal.

Thanks again for all your support. You are why we do what we do.

~~BG





No comments: