Thursday, April 17, 2008

ABC's comment line is still overloaded

I just called the ABC switchboard again, and the comment line is still busy. The harried receptionist I spoke with told me that I am "not alone" in calling the network to voice my displeasure with last night's debate performance by Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopolous.

Keep calling people - the switchboard number is 212-456-7777. Keep 'em hopping - but be nice to the receptionists answering the phones. They aren't the ones we are mad at...

UPDATE by Blue Girl at 3:30 p.m. central

I just called again, and had a pleasant chat with the receptionist who answered the phone - she had fielded over 200 calls today, all of them from people who are pissed off about the debate last night. I was sympathetic and that seemed to bowl her over. Apparently many of the callers think that the folks who answer the phone have the power to fire the anchor of the Nightly News. After talking to her, I put down the phone and sent the following email to ABC News:
That "debate" was the most embarrassing spectacle I have ever witnessed. What was up with that ignoramus and her "flag" question? Why was the war glossed over? Why weren't serious issues addressed? It was humiliating for your news organization.

If George and Charlie are not fired for that patently un-serious display and assault on the public discourse, then would you be so kind as to email me the information about the impending funeral services for ABC's journalistic integrity?

No comments: