Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have a plan...

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. --Mark Twain

It also applies to the SoapBlox blogging platform, where I moved in August to start TheyGaveUsaRepublic.com and take this blogging thing to the next level after I got home from Netroots Nation.

A whole hell of a lot of work went into building that site, and I am quite pleased with it. It looks like, at least for now, that the format will live on, so moving everything isn't necessary - at least not yet.

But I sure did get a lot of positive response yesterday when the rss feed for this site suddenly came back to life. I gotta tell you that it made me smile getting emails that told me how much this humble little blogspot meant to so many people. I'm gobsmacked, frankly. I had no idea...Thank you all so much!

I have been thinking about this off and on since yesterday and looking at the facts at hand:

  1. I have a kick-ass professionally done site that I am extremely proud of on a hosted domain and I want to keep it.
  2. It is on a platform that is not exactly built on the solidest rock, if you know what I mean.
  3. Quite a few people were happy to see the old girl come out of dry dock.
Okey dokey.

With minimal brow furrowing, where to proceed became pretty obvious.

This place is a perfect archive for my work on the two professional sites, so at the end of the day, I will crosspost my content from the two SoapBlox sites, They Gave Us A Republic and Show Me Progress to this blog. Around midnight central, your RSS feed should come alive and deliver what I produced that day, along with the occasional killer piece from the archives, to your inbox. And if SoapBlox does go away, I will not be caught flat-footed and I won't have lost my body of work.

Now...can I figure out how to get the damned comments to come back up, the salon will be fully operational.

No comments: