Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Petraeus Hearings Are a Bust

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm hearing Pollyanna platitudes and no one seems to want to mix it up and get to the truth.

This is the new open thread. I'm about to fall asleep as Inhofe drones on and on, asking Crocker about nothing.

I'm handing off the baton--this whole thing is a cluster followed by an expletive.

I don't really see that any news was made--that may have been on purpose. I don't really see that our Senators have improved their ability to ask good questions, either. Was there a memorable moment? I listened to it--I thought it was a Crocker-mania wankfest.

Oh, and for you Republicans who think things are just peachy:

BAGHDAD - The Baghdad military command said Tuesday that unauthorized vehicles and motorcycles will be banned in the capital from 5 a.m. to midnight Wednesday.

The vehicle ban is aimed at preventing violence on the fifth anniversary of the capture of Baghdad by U.S. troops about a month after the war started.

The decision was announced on Iraqi state TV and confirmed by an official in the military command spokesman's office, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information.


"Motorcycles?" It's so bad, they're banning motorcycles? And we're supposed to believe that the surge has worked?

No comments: