Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Someone call Petraeus on this...

APOLITICAL???

Bullshit.

I sat in stunned disbelief as I listened to Petraeus as he was interviewed by Alex Chadwick. He insisted that he is apolitical, and hasn't voted since he was a Major General. He got his second star in 2001 - but if you don't know the arc of his carer path, you might think he didn't even vote in an election that aWol stood in, and I imagine that was precisely his intent when he chose those words ever so carefully.

And by the way, there are a lot of ways to be political without casting a ballot.

An editorial in the Washington Post five weeks before a hotly contested presidential election that supports the sitting presidents foolish folly certainly qualifies. And frankly, if I had been doing that interview instead of Chadwick, I would have asked him about it.

I wonder why he didn't?

No comments: