Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Night Music Club...

With Lucinda Williams...



(Trouble with the embed on the live version - opted for this montage because when my girls were little, they had a Labrador to wear their energetic little asses out.)

And the Indigo Girls...



This video was posted to YouTube by JenniStevens, who took the gorgeous photographs in the beautiful state of Washington.

And this song...I remember the first time I ever heard it, and I drove 120 miles - one way - the very next day to buy the CD. I was miles from town, on a gravel road, at my friend BA's house, that you entered via a tunnel - I kid you not. We were programming in C++, and I was using a Tandy laptop with dual 3.5" drives and a "virtual C drive" just big enough to load the part of DOS that let me boot up without a startup disc. We had the Canadian version of MTV on, and it was Erica Ehn's show - three bars in I was mesmerized...twenty years later, I still am every time I hear it.

No comments: