Wednesday, October 17, 2007

That Magnificent Bastard™ Strikes Again!

That Magnificent Bastard™, in case you don't know, is my affectionate name for the inimitable Rook, over at Rooks Rant. He went and tagged me with something that would be right up my alley if I was not a buzzin' mother fucker right now, taking narcotics after throwing my back out.

Here are the instructions, as copied and pasted from Rook's post, which were copy-pasted from Brian's post, and somewhere, at some point, someone was likely blogging in the House that Jack built, for all I know...

There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:

  • You can leave them exactly as is.
  • You can delete any one question.
  • You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
  • You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.
  • You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.

Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.

So, here goes:

My great-great-great-great-grandparent Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite.
My great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My great-grandparent is archy.
My grandparent is Why Now?
My parent is Rook's Rant.


The best female empowerment novel in SF/Fantasy is: Friday by Robert Heinlein.

The best “bad” movie in SF/Fantasy is: Attack of the 50-Foot-Woman.

The worst science-themed pick-up line I have ever heard in my life was delivered by a geneticist at an ASCP convention: "If I were an enzyme, I would want to be helicase so I could unzip your genes."

***************

Now...who to tag?

This seems like the sort of thing that Edger would get a jolly or two from.

And Strannix needs a good taggin' just on principle.

Next up...Desdinova, Supervillain of the Ozarks

And then there were one...let's just balance this out - two Canadians and two Americans - OPIT! Tag! You're it!

Okay guys...dazzle me...

No comments: