Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Twenty-five years!

Wow!

It has been an adventure and we have had more fun than the law should ought to allow.

We raised three kids to responsible, respectable adulthood, and for the most part, we were working without a net. Usually, we didn't even have a relative in the same time-zone, let alone a Grandma down the street.

I would not change a thing!

We agreed going in on the definition of "family values" - i.e., we were going to have a family, and we would value it ourselves, and no one else needed to worry their pretty little heads about it.

Now, before I go focus on him and ignore y'all the rest of the day, I want to take a moment to doff my cap to the long marriages I am aware of in left Blogtopia (y! sctp)...

Mr. & Mrs Skippy
: 23 years

Mr. & Mrs. Shortstop: 18 years

Kevin and Marian Drum: 16 years

Mr. & Mrs. Steve Benen: 15 years come January

Other long-term leftie marriages include Atrios, Digby, and Mr. & Mrs. Brad DeLong. Know of others? Leave them in comments.

Now, if you will excuse me, it is my anniversary!

No comments: