Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bill O: If there is one thing he can't tolerate, it's tolerance

Back in August, Bill-O was exasperated, and declaring that we should all just chill out and give the "gay stuff" a rest.

That was then.

Before Dumbledore was outed.

Now he is absolutely foaming-at-the-mouth obsessed with the issue.

But the most sickening, revolting part of it all is just exactly what has him all atwitter...he is afraid that kids might grow up to be...tolerant!

Good god, what a nightmare that would be! Imagine what a terrible, terrible place the world would be if everyone were to become tolerant!

I mean, it sounds pretty damned idyllic to me, but then, I'm an unrepentant and unapologetic Liberal. It probably wouldn't look so good if I was considering it from the vantage point of a foam-flecked fuckwit.

But from the vantage point of a person who has people near and dear to her who happen to be gay, I think it's freakin' awesome.

To this very day, I can not for the life of me understand how it would threaten my marriage if my Uncle Bill could just make an honest woman of my Aunt Richard. I mean, they have been together for literally as long as I can remember - and I have a granddaughter. In all this time, I have never seen one of them treat the other with anything but respect and unconditional love. Kinda like they have both always shown me. I had open minded parents who had no problem with me spending a few weeks with them every summer, and soaking up the love of two wonderful people who were denied parenthood.

If the Dumbledore "outing " makes an impact by decreasing hate and fear, then alls the better I say. So let's have a round of Butterbeers and toast tolerance.

No comments: