Saturday, September 1, 2007

Perseveration Warning...

This morning when I sat down with my coffee to read my email, in with the usual spam, and requests to delete a comment, or to act as a conduit between two entities, and the emails from friends, one jumped out at me, and I read it four or five times, each time hoping by the time I got to the end of the missive, that I would have an answer for this woman who needs (and deserves) one.

I may not have answers, but I have a soapbox, and maybe a reader has an answer. So I am reproducing her email here, with identifying information redacted.

I read your blog on a daily basis. I'm a democrat stuck down in Fundieville (Springfield) as I call it here dead in the middle of the Ozarks. Ever since Boy Blunt took over in Jeff City and installed Logisticare to provide medicaid transportation I have fought with them every single month over transportation for my son, who has Cerebral Palsy, for transpo to and from his therapy appts here in town. Now they have struck again and want him to use public transpo to go to and from his appts and I will have to pay 3 bucks per time he goes to therapy. It's not the money that really bothers me it's the fact that they just don't seem to give a rat's ass about his care and all they want is the money they get from the state. I have contacted my local state rep and got nada help, but then again as you well know, they are all republicans so no help for the poor and sick. Is there someone I can contact outside of Logisticare to get some help with this problem? If I listed the whole litany of times I have had to fight with them over this, this email would go on for pages. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Sitemeter is a wonderful thing. I know that this blog is read by people in state government. So one of you Jefferson City lurkers…If you can help this woman will you please break radio silence and send me an email, and I will put the two of you together?

Meantime…Light blogging today and tomorrow…I have a bit in my teeth and I am not letting go. A simple Google search gives me reams of material. I fully intend to make you mad as hell at the fact your tax dollars are supporting this - this - this - oh hell, I'll call it what it is - this criminal enterprise!

And although it goes without saying, I’ll say it anyway: Send your Logisticare links and horror stories to me here at bluegirl.redstate@gmail.com.

No comments: