Friday, July 13, 2007

Tony Snow has his sympathies sorely misplaced

(Written under the influence of outrage. But I stand by every word, even after I have had a drink and taken a deep breath or three.)


So get this - the Iraqi parliament is going on vacation for the month of August.

None of the political benchmarks have been met, our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines have been there for four years. Nearly 4000 have died. And these petulant fucks are going on vacation.

And what did Tony Snow have to say about it?

"You know, it's 130 degrees in Baghdad in August," he said, sympathetically.

Excuse me?" Did I fucking hear that right?

Yep.

Tony Snow has more sympathy for feckless Iraqi Parliamentarians than he does our G.I.'s in the field.

If it is too hot for them in the air conditioned parliament, how is it for the Americans on patrol in full battle-rattle? Does he even think about them?

I think not. If he did, he would not have opened his mouth and said something so utterly stupid and unthinking unfeeling and inconsiderate. What a tool. Any sympathy I felt for him personally just evaporated with that craven, infuriating comment. He is officially on my "I don't give a fuck about you or your plight" list.

E-mother-fucking-nuff!!!

They don't give a fuck about their own country, and we can't want it for them.

They haven't accomplished a god-damned thing, and they think they deserve a break? While Americans die? Fuck them.

Let me get this off my chest - I really don't give a rat's ass about Iraq, or their oil. I care about the Americans occupying the country on the orders of a deranged, delusional, cocaine-addled madman - who, by the way, still owes the Air Guard two years that he didn't bother to serve after drug tests were mandated for pilots. George loves his god-damned occupation so fucking much, he needs to put his skin in the game. (And so do those idiot twit daughters of his.)

Not one more dollar, and not one more recruit. Not for a puppet government that can't be bothered to care about their own damned country.

Contact your Senators and your Representatives. Do it right now. And here is a link to all the ways to contact the White House. Demand an end to this deadly exercise in futility.

No comments: