Saturday, July 21, 2007

Say Happy Birthday to one of my Partners in Thought Crime

So Strannix went and had a birthday and didn't give me proper warning, so I was caught unawares with the whole birthday post thing. How many consecutive 23rd birthdays does this make, anyway?

And, Dude...I have had a hell of a time trying to find a suitable birthday present. I have a certain level of expectation to meet when it comes to music. Whatever I offer, it has to kick ass. It's a lot of pressure...

My first instinct was a great song, but I can't find a video of it anywhere with decent sound quality. I figure if video with good sound isn't available at the artists website, it isn't available period. So if it truly is the thought that counts, click this link: Dixie Beauxderaunt (windows media, wmv, low quality)

(That's okay...I'll hang on while you fetch Love Songs for the Hearing Impaired.)


Now. I am still in need of a proper birthday offering...

[Returning a full three hours later...I started this at 4:30]

Here. I think this will do nicely. This one has the added advantage of...I was in attendance, and in a real fuckin' celebratory mood. We had 20 days leave that had started 12 hours before, and we had just got to KC three hours earlier. We went straight to the Spirit Fest from dropping the kids with Grandma.

My birthday wish for you is that you have as much fun this birthday, and for many, many more birthdays to come, as I did this night. (Here's hopin' you score a couple of vicodin to ease the pain of tomorrow!)



(Yes, Doc S. I remember when they were known as Steve, Bob & Rich, too!)

No comments: