Thursday, June 28, 2007

Morning News Roundup

Hang on to your hats, kiddies – it’s shaping up to be one hell of a day.

I am looking for the remote – I need to hit the “pause” button for a sec and make with processing this all.

Where to start…

How about with the fact that so many people were calling the Senate switchboard this morning to express their support for Leahy calling time, that it crashed the system.

Or with the fact that Russia just laid claim to a huge chunk of the North Pole for the oil beneath it – and the pole is an international zone, owned and claimed by no nation, under international law. This coincides with the price of oil hitting $70.09 bbl. briefly.

How about the fact that a nuclear power plant is burning in Germany?

And I haven’t even gotten to the White House snubbing the rule of law. Or AG AG pressuring the U.S. Attorney in Arizona to seek the death penalty in a case where there was no body. (I guess to him, if you can’t find one, you make one?)

[I have a question for a couple of people. If you didn’t care before that some attorneys got fired, are you starting to care yet?]

I honestly have lost patience with the rest of the country. The fucking Republic is in peril, and too many people don’t seem to give a rat’s ass.


This is a personal affront to me. If you aren’t right pissed by now, what is it going to take? And I am dead fucking serious when I ask that question. What the fuck is it going to take before you pick up the phone and do your part to crash the Senate switchboard?

No comments: