Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Poll Roundup

Apparently the folks who are doing the *official polling* to rank the 2008 hopefuls are not polling the folks who read this site, because Hillary is not running strong among this crowd! Here is how the candidates stack up as of today:

John Edwards...................................36%

Bill Richardson..................................20%

Al Gore............................................18%

Barack Obama..................................17%

Hillary Clinton....................................7% (!!!)

Joe Biden..........................................3%

Christopher Dodd..............................0%

(Dennis Kucinich was inadvertently omitted from the poll, and I received four emails telling me that he was the preferred candidate, which indicates he enjoys the same level of support is as Biden.)

If it were up to you all, Gonzo would have been Gonzo long ago – 76% of the people who participated in my little adventure in polling think he should resign, and only 21% think he should stay. 3% of respondents did not know who he is. I should point out that about 75% of the “Gonzo should stay” votes were cast on the day I called Michelle Malkin a “crazy bitch” – on April Fools Day! – and got mauled by munchkins – so his support might actually be inflated here.

As to impeachment of Bush and Cheney – y’all don’t just want them impeached – you want them indicted and hung, too, if the emails I have received are any indication of the level of loathing for this feckless, faithless maladministration. 68% of you want them impeached, versus 31% who say no. Only 1% didn’t have an opinion. Again, a great many of the votes against the impeachment came from the snarling, malignant Malkinaut kool-aid contingent, so here too, the indication of support might be slightly inflated.

I admit freely that I am a total wonk, and love this sort of thing. Since there is no current poll, and I have not thought much about the next one, help me out here and let me know what is on your mind and what you want to ask your fellow BG,RS readers! I’ll acknowledge you in the header if I poll your question!

No comments: