Saturday, May 12, 2007

Live-Blogging the Edwards conference call...

Saturday, May 12, 2007, 11:24 a.m. Okay – so yesterday I was invited to take part in a conference call with John Edwards. I rsvp’s immediately and got my access code to participate. The call is to start at 11:30 central, so I called in a few minutes early. I’m listening to the muzak and wondering what’s in store. I have no idea what to expect or how many people will be participating.

And the call just started – The Senator is at a commencement and running a few minutes late. We are part of the next phase roll out – and the purpose of this conference call is to launch a new website: www.supportthetroopsendthewar.comGeorge Bush does not own patriotism.


The Senator was introduced by a Marine Corporal who just returned from Iraq and spoke openly and honestly about the situation our troops face.

This Memorial Day we are going to reclaim patriotism. The Senator is asking us – that’s you and me, Bub – to speak up now. We aren’t going to wait for anyone else and we are not waiting for an election. Where ever you are, speak up and make your voice heard. Support the troops. Bring them home.

The purpose of the call was the introduce the new website which is just rolled out. It will serve as a nexus for local activities and events for Memorial Weekend.

This looks like a grass-roots thing, which is just fine by me. Let's visit the website and see what's happening in our areas. And if nothing is happening...make something happen!

The Senator's people should email edger10@gmail.com and get the new site on the Out of Iraq Bloggers Caucus blogroll. (Yes, I emailed the site administrators with that suggestion. I'm not banking on them being regular readers of my rantings.)

No comments: