Thursday, March 8, 2007

Not Such a Cunning Stunt...

[Updated, sorta - Skippy had a much better picture, so I stole it promptly and swapped 'em out.]

Ann Coulter: CLASSLESS


First advertisers disappeared from her website. Then newspapers, to their credit, started dropping her column. The latest is the Shreveport Times. In dropping the poisonous harpie of the rabid right, the Times joins papers in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Michigan. Media Matters has a list of all the papers which currently carry her column, and the contact information for the opinion page editors who decide what runs.

If you contact the press, follow the same rules for contacting your elected officials. Hold the snark and hostility. Be respectful and concise, and clearly and firmly, using positive assertive language, state your case in 100 words or less. Rant in my comments section if you want to rant. Don't rant to a congressional staffer or an opinion editor.

My local paper, to the credit of the editorial board, dropped her like a prom dress when she made the "invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" remark.

She has every right to be a stunning cu craven, malignant, soulless harridan.

I just don't think that a social cancer like Ann Coulter should be rewarded for being one of the top-ten worst Americans of all time, Tim McVeigh included so black is her soul.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I see what you did there. Good one!

Anonymous said...

clever and entertaining -- well done!!!!!!!!

--from consider wisely always

Unknown said...

lol, i used the same joke in one of my posts...

--Blue Girl said...

It does just kinda taunt every smartass worthy of the title, dunnit?

--Blue Girl said...

Oh Yeah - It's also proof positive that great minds do indeed think alike!

Elmo said...

Hold the snark and hostility

How the hell am I supposed to do that...wait, your title...blush...oh, now I get it. Very clever.

opit said...

Is Malkin next ? ( Is it dyslexic when I get my murds wixed because of my peach inspediment ? )

Blue Girl, Red State said...

I've given Malkin an acid-bath or two in the past, at the old place, if you recall.

Actually the name for that linguistic trick is called a spoonerism. I really like that name too.

Skippy - I went to your place looking for that post and got a 404 from the search bar. You got there first Pardner, so put that link up over here. I'm a scientist - we always include our colleagues who arrive around the same time when we publish our papers and jury one anothers work.

Apollo 13 said...

Brilliant! Well done and quite amusing!

Blue Girl, Red State said...

Hat tip to the Divine MsN for pointing out a typo - if you didn't catch it, I'm not coppin' to it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Blue Girl!

Anonymous said...

Folks, I am not a subscriber so I don't know for sure but does not Stars & Stripes publish Coulter every Monday?

BlueGal can you confirm?...