Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Calm Down, Senator McCain

Senator Webb, how about running as Vice President? Would you please consider it if Senator Obama asks you?

"I think what we really need to work on over the next four, five months, and it goes back to the speech that Sen. Obama gave [Monday] and this little fight that I've been watching and that is, we need to make sure that we take politics out of service," [Senator James] Webb said. "People don't serve their country for political issues."

He continued: "And John McCain's my long-time friend, if that is one area that I would ask him to calm down on, it`s that, don't be standing up and uttering your political views and implying that all the people in the military support them because they don't, any more than when the Democrats have political issues during the Vietnam War. Let's get the politics out of the military, take care of our military people, or have our political arguments in other areas."





I gotta tell you...I love it when Democrats fight back...

--WS

No comments: