Friday, April 13, 2007

Another document dump...

under cover of night.

The scandals are popping like Orville Reddenbacher's finest gourmet popping corn.

Gonzo can't weather this storm. An innocent woman went to jail over politics, for cryin' out loud!

But I naturally tend toward the Pentagon, where Gates is playing Chess with checkers men. He left his academic position and took the DoD job in good faith. And how have these loyalty-is-a-one-way-street, Mayberry Machiavelli's repaid him? Four months on the job, the president is looking for a "War Czar" and screwing his SoD in public announcements about tour extensions.

Now I am no fan of Bob Gates. I absolutely detest him. Not because he is a Republican (he has never been a registered Republican, he has always been an Independent but because I know his past work. He is an ideologue of the first order and the original facts fixer. But I'm not stupid. I know skill when I see it. Where Rumsfeld was a bureaucratic knife-fighter, Gates is the guy who would poison the coffee pot, pour himself a cup of tea and go to his office and quietly work through the morning and then step over the bodies on the way to lunch.

I don't like him, but I don't underestimate him.

But something tells me aWol does. And that way, my friends, might lie his doom...and a bit of redemption for Bob Gates.

No comments: